Living Faith Church First Vice President, Bishop David Abioye is celebrating his Birthday Today.
David Olatunji Abioye was born March 11, 1960, to the family of Pa and Mrs Abioye from Kwara state. A graduate of mechanical engineering, he gave his life to Christ at a tender age, and was said to be an exceptional kid.
Even though a graduate of Engineering, he said in an interview that he found his greatest joy in his current calling and assignment. Before answering the call into full-time ministry, Bishop Abioye worked briefly at the then Open Cast Polytechnic, Auchi between 1985 and 1986 as a lecturer
David Abioye accepted the call of God upon his life to start up ministry as a preacher at a time where ministers of the gospel were largely seen as failures or tagged nuisance in fact, some of them were literally disowned by their parents and family members for taking to such vocation.
- David Olatunji Abioye was born into a Baptist family, got saved at a tender age and grew up as a devoted Baptist boy.
- At the time he met David Oyedepo in 1980 during a meeting, he was 19 and the President of the Fellowship of Christian Students (FCS), University of Ilorin, Kwara State. He was asked to lead a prayer point that day by David Oyedepo who was the Joint Campus Fellowship (JCF) President but stoutly refused.
- He started his journey at the Living Faith Church as a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), member/staff in 1983.
- The Church spread out to 5 towns including Maiduguri in April 1987 by divine instruction. David Abioye started the Maiduguri Church which soon became the largest Church in Maiduguri.
- By June 1993, he was consecrated Bishop and along with the late Bishop Harford Ilupotaife of Victory Christian Church, both became the youngest pentecostal Bishops ever consecrated in the history of the Church in Nigeria. They were both ordained at the age of 32.
- He is the longest serving Deputy of any major church in Nigeria.
- He is the only serving Deputy among pastors known to have flown a dedicated private jet.