Pastor David Oyedepo Jnr is the Son of Bishop David Oyedepo the President and Founder of the Living Faith Bible Church popularly known as Winners Chapel.
Ecclezzia brings you 10 facts you need to know about the Resident pastor of Winners Chapel Headquarter Canaanland, Ota.
1. When his father, Bishop Oyedepo inquired to know the name of the newly born son, according to him, God told him that “Another Warrior has come” . This led to the name ‘Oluwamakinde ‘ (God has brought victory).
2. David was born in June 1983, same year the LFC was commissioned (Sept 83) and the first service held in Kaduna- December 11, 1983. Interestingly, exactly 30 years to that day, December 11, 2013, David preached his first message at Shiloh. Shiloh 2013.
3. In August 2016, Bishop Oyedepo and Mummy Faith Oyedepo went on vacation. Pastor David Oyedepo Jr then ministered in 5 services on Sunday at Faith Tabernacle. It was the first time anyone aside Bishop Oyedepo would do that.
4. Pastor David was formerly the Regional Pastor of LFC European Region. He oversaw the growth of the church and established the first Kingdom Heritage Model School of the commission outside the shores of Africa.
5. David Oyedepo Jr was ordained together with his brother in May 2007 by Dr Kenneth Copeland
6. He is married to Kemi Oyedepo (nee Olubu) in July 2008. The Minister at the wedding was Matthew Ashimolowo of KICC. Kemi is the founder of Crisis-Proof Your Family (CPYF) a major ministry aimed at ensuring successful marriages and families.
7. Pastor Makinde preached his first message at Faith Tabernacle on March 24th 2013, the day after his grandmother’s burial. He was introduced by Bishop David Abioye as the ‘next generation’.
8.In 2004, David became the youngest member of the Covenant University Board of Regents (the governing council).
9. David Oyedepo is the youngest Vice President of the Living Faith Church. There are 4 other Vice Presidents.