15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Pastor Adeboye:
He is a great Pastor, spiritual father to many and seasoned preacher of the word of God, taking the Gospel of Jesus Christ to more than a hundred nations of the world but you probably didn’t Know the following about Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God(RCCG):
- He was born on 2nd March, 1942.
- He hails from Ifewara, Osun state.
- He came from a very poor family, he never wore shoes until he was 18.
- At age 18, he borrowed a pair of shoes which he wore to mount the rostrum for the collection of his prizes.
- He was awarded the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the Nigerian President in 2008.
- He got Bsc in Mathematics from the University of Ife in 1967. Bagged Masters degree in Hydrodynamics in 1969 from the University of Lagos. Bagged PhD in Applied Mathematics in 1975 from University of Lagos.
- His earliest vision was to be the youngest Vice Chancellor in Africa.
- He was presented with the Spiritual Pillar of Nigerian Sports, a National Sports Honor in 2010.
- The severe sickness of his daughter led him to The Redeemed Christian Church Of God in 1973.
- His childhood nickname is ‘’The Tiger’’.
- . He has 4 biological Children.
- His full names :Elijah, Sunday, Olagundoye, Adetona, Enoch, Adejare, Adeboye.
- He started his university education in University of Nigeria Nsukka but civil war forced him to University of Ife in the final year.
- He was once a boxer!
- As the leader of the church he worked hard to expand the organization’s outreach and today the church has branches in 110 countries all over the world from Haiti to Germany, from India to the UK, and also in the US. Pastor Adeboye is today considered to be one of the most influential pastors in Nigeria