Gospel singers, Prince Gozie and Njideka Okeke
Njideka Okeke was introduced to music by her husband, Prince Gozie Okeke who helped nurture her in the art of singing. Her Album series, Ministration Worship have always sold millions of copies. Her husband is her backbone though. Njideka has diversified to acting as she is now in Nollywood having featured in a handful of movies.
He is very popular not just in the East but in other parts of the country. His album “Akanchanwa” sold millions of copies and made him and his wife Njideka, a household name. Gozie has been soaring higher, not even scandals bothering on his sexuality and marital issues could deter him. He keeps making it to the tops despite all the rumours that trail him.
Recall the messy separation story that trailed her marriage few years back, however,the gist is that her husband Prince Gozie Okeke has finally begged his wife to come back home and the two parties have reconciled.
Njideka who stormed Asaba after she packed out of their matrimonial home in Nkpor, Onitsha, and relocated to Asaba where she became an actress.
The singer is said to have listened to the pleas of her husband following his medical conditions at that time and Njideka who was moved to pity, accepted her husband back. Sources close to her revealed that she gave her husband conditions that they have to relocate to Asaba if the marriage has to be revived because she can’t bear coming back to their old residence which is a block of flats, and facing other occupants after the shameful manner they parted.
“Don’t listen to the rubbish the press are writing saying am no longer with my wife. I dedicated my new song to my lovely wife and we are about doing a song together soon.”
During a performance in Lagos, Prince Gozie Okeke performed, he spoke glowingly about his wife, and said they were back together and she will remain his lovely wife. In his words, Don’t listen to the rubbish the press are writing saying am no longer with my wife. I dedicated my new song to my lovely wife and we are about doing a song together soon. The couple got married several years ago, and the union is blessed with kids.
The couple went their separate ways because of the allegation that Gozie was a Homosexual and came back together after 4 years
Prince Gozie Okeke has decried the recent media publications which intend to smear ignominy on his well-earned reputation in the gospel music industry, describing the unfortunate development as a complete falsehood. He had been alleged to be involved in a same-sex affair with a budding gospel artiste but had refuted the baseless accusation.
A statement issued on the behalf of Prince Gozie Okeke and made available to Blank news Online reads:
“My attention has been drawn to a press report carried on the 3rd Eye Magazine of July 15, 2012 edition, Vol.1 No.2, captioned “Gozie Okeke Raped Man To Coma”.
“After reading the said publication, my immediate reaction was to discountenance the story take, but on a second thought, as a popular Gospel musician with many recorded works that enjoy popular air play and fan base, I am forced to release this Press statement knowing that if it is not refuted, the general public may erroneously believe the story to be true.
“The said story is a figment of the imagination of the writer and the said write-up is a complete falsehood and a classical example of bread and butter journalism.
- I have never in my entire life, been associated with any form of sexual perversion
- The writer who authored the story is at best playing a script written for him by my detractors. In area of butter journalism, the aim is to destroy my hard earned reputation.
- That the said GSM Number quoted in the report disclaimed by me in an advertorial on Sun Newspapers of December 8, 2008, when it was lost and wonder how the same GSM Number could be used by me in 2012.
- That at no time was I arrested by men of the Nigeria Police Force as reported in the said story.
- I hereby state that the story as carried by the 3rd Eye Magazine, if not refuted and left in the public domain, may be seen and taken as an event that actually took place.
- I did not at any time offer the publisher any amount of money to kill the story, as there are no communication lines between me and the 3rd Eye Magazine.
- As an example of gutter journalism, the said publication did not carry the date the event took place, the name of the hotel where the event took place; neither did it carry the name of the said artiste that was raped and those who witnessed the event.
- I am soliciting my teeming fans to discountenance the various vexatious publications and continue to remain loyal and faithful.