Praise For Excellence – Pastor David Ibiyeomie
Praise is celebrating the goodness of God in songs, clapping and dancing.
Excellence is surpassing others.
Praise for excellence is celebrating God’s greatness in songs, clapping and dancing in order to draw His attention to your affairs.
To excel, you must take control of the events in your life.
Responsibility is the price of success. Necessity enhances responsibilities.
Make it a habit to be the best at whatever you do.
To excel in life, your effort is required. You must subject yourself to rules and laws in order to excel – Daniel 5:2.
To excel, you need to respond positively to the law of responsibility – 1 Corinthians 9:27.
To be irresponsible is to have no place on earth; you must be disciplined to be a leader.
Self-control is very essential to excel; avoid wastage.
HOW TO EXCEL:
1. Be excellence-driven.
Make high quality your goal.
2. Execute any assignment promptly.
3. Make a disciplined lifestyle your goal.
4. Remove rewards until the job is done.
5. Stay focused on results.
6. Challenge your excuses.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOURSELF:
1. Admit what is not good enough.
2. Improve your skills.
3. Sort out your priorities.
4. Get rid of excuses.
ENEMIES OF EXCELLENCE:
1. Trading blame.
2. Settling for mediocrity – Deuteronomy 28:13.
3. Depending on others – John 5:7.
STEPS TO EXCELLENCE:
1. Maximize your potential.
2. Never give up – Every challenge is a stepping stone for the next phase of your life (Hebrews 10:36).
3. Build your character – Character is the will to do the right thing even when it is hard. Pay the price to build your character.
– The shallowness of character leads to pride, greed and abuse of power (John 15:8, Philippians 3:8 &11).
– Character has to do with faithfulness, accountability, reliability, adaptability, loyalty and integrity.
4. Make the right choice.
Life is all about the decision; your future is determined by the decisions you make today.
The quality of the decisions you make is determined by the quality of information you have.
Never take a decision when you lack the appropriate information.
6. Positive and possibility thinking – Proverbs 23:7.
You cannot have a positive future when you possess a negative mindset or imagination.
Your imagination is what sets the pace for your destination.
7. Solve problems.
Your ability to solve the problem makes you be ahead of others.
There is a business hidden in every problem, your ability to recognize and solve the problem makes you excel.
The solution to every problem lies in the problem itself.
QUALITIES THAT DETERMINE EXCELLENCE:
1. Give your assignment all it takes – Colossians 3:23; Ecclesiastes 9:10
2. Invest in your business – Proverbs 22:29
Your success in business is largely dependent on the development of your mind.
You are the only one who can commit to excel at who you are, where you are, with what you have, while you can.
Excellence is the quality of being outstanding.