Daystar Christian Centre
Daystar Christian Centre is known as the Leadership church with ‘raising role models’ as its vision statement. The church is led by Pastor Sam Adeyemi and his wife, Pastor (Mrs) Nike Adeyemi.
that is a no brainer in this age and time that everyone lives on a 5.3 – 7 inch screen devices.
Daystar Christian Centre’s website , www.darstarng.org is okay but can do with a better user interface for better user experience. Checking the website on a mobile device puts you off going further if you are used to browsing on your mobile devices. The site is not optimized for mobile devices; that is a no brainer in this age and time that everyone lives on a 5.3 – 7 inch screen devices.
www.daystarng.org has six main menus: Home, About Us, Announcement, Offering, Resources and Watch Us Online. Under these there are so many sub menus. Going through the sub menus one after the other, the following were discovered:
- Daystar Leadership academy page opens up on the same page, it should open on another page when clicked on in order not to lose the reader. You have to go back to the main Daystar page by clicking the back button for there is no menu button to click on.
- Photo gallery page shows error
- New to Daystar page has only one sentence. This page ought to introduce the newcomers to the church activities.
- The same issue is with the Pay online page (http://offering.daystarng.org/), it opens on the same page. It should open in a new page, you have to click the back button in order to get back to the previous page.
- Media centre under resources takes you to a long list of titles with links and when you click on some it takes you to newspapers page links of different articles that was published about the church. These stories can be culled on to the church websites referencing the websites that originally published them, thus redirecting traffic to the site and making all contents to be in the same place which in this case is the church website.
- Watch us online takes you to the live stream page but you have to use the back arrow to get back to the main website.
- The Social Media icons are displaced at the bottom right hand corner of the site. Not many people scroll to the bottom of a page to look for the social media icons.
In overall the Daystar website will be allotted 3 out of 5. There is room for more improvement with a serious consideration of mobile optimization and User Experience.
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
DayStar Christian Centre runs four social media accounts, Twitter (@Daystarng), Facebook (@daystarchristiancentre), YouTube (@daystarng) and Google+ (@daystarchristiancentre).
The Facebook page is used to disseminate church announcements, Programs, Short videos and pictures of church activities. It has a medium feel in overall elements usage.
The Twitter Page is a combination of banners for events, Pastor’s messages with the Hashtag #DaystarOnline. Some of the images are repeated more than often.
The Google+ page is heavy on text, very little pictorial element and barely any engagement.
YouTube page has about 123 videos which are not arranged into playlists for easy search and viewing. The videos are from different events, services and programs. Categorizing them under different playlists will work quite fine.
In overall, Daystar Christian Centre need to do a proper overhauling of its website, making sure that it has a good user interface and it is optimized for mobile.
There is a need for a digital media team to oversee the daily running of the digital platforms and a digital strategy needs to be created and followed.