T. D. Jakes is a pastor, author and filmmaker. He is the pastor of The Potter’s House, a Nondenominational American megachurch.
- “Unfortunately, much of what I see today isn’t about fulfilling one’s true potential as much as it is about appearing to fulfil what other people expect.”
- “We instinctively know how to lead if we allow ourselves. …When instincts are ignored, leaders become followers, and followers become unemployed.”
- “Anything that we do for years that doesn’t match the inner imprint of our gifting will eventually become monotonous and routine, ritualistic and frustrating.”
- “The same proclivities that made me an effective pastor didn’t necessarily produce the skill set required for greater leadership of my business team and personal staff. …I had to learn to distinguish ministry from management and potlucks from portfolios.”
- “Leadership emerges not only when an individual can capably do what needs doing; the real test is passed when a person can implement what needs to be done through others.”