How to Incorporate Faith Into Our Homes
Before school begins, I would like to encourage everyone reading this article, who has children, to seriously ponder what kind of experience you want your children to have this summer. We all know that a consistent routine and bedtime significantly impacts children’s ability to handle their day effectively and appropriately.
How to incorporate faith into your home this year:
• Attend your place of worship weekly.
• Involve your children in the youth activities offered by your church.
• Eat together, as a family, at least five times a week.
• Say a prayer at every meal — every day.
• Encourage daily prayer.
• Read the Bible.
• Share your faith with your children.
• Pray for your children.
• Start a family constitution/gratitude journal.
This summer and the new school year is the perfect time to start a new, faith based practice in your home.
Our faith is not something separate from our daily lives — they are integrated. The sooner we can model that for our children, the earlier they will have a strong faith to lean on in good times and bad. And we all know this summer and school year is filled with parental care and faith teaching.
I wish your family a happy, and faith-filled summer! God bless!