How Christians Should Engage With The World – Poju Oyemade
The Senior Pastor of Covenant Christian Center in Lagos, Poju Oyemade advice Christians on how they can relate with the World.
This is an excerpt of his sermon in the penultimate Sunday
1. Recognize God as your only source. What this means is that no matter the situation, don’t compromise your faith. Also, don’t believe that your integrity will make you a loser in life. Psalm 123:1-2, Genesis 14:16-23
Your success and prosperity will come as you stay faithful. Stand firm and be calm with your convictions. Don’t be unnecessarily aggressive while standing your ground. Back up your stance with prayers.
2. Pray to God to grant you favour with those who are in authority. Praying for those who are in authority over the things you do will make you live a quiet and peaceable life.
3. Have a spiritual support group. Daniel had Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego. Those whom you can share your present challenges with and will pray you through.
4. Do not make friends with a person that sheds other people’s blood through slander. Association with one who gossips can ruin a career.
5. Understand that when you begin to rise, there will be envy. Envy is the spiritual form of murder. It is important that you arm yourselves with the Psalms.
Know the Psalms and let them remind you of God’s protection from the evil in this world.
Also, as you rise, minimize your level of provocation. Don’t be loud about your success and increase warfare born out of envy. Let your moderation be known unto all men.
Let your life look less than what you really have.